Change
  1. Hello gorgeous!
    Thanks for looking around the WAPS forum. Why not sign up and make your voice heard. Registering is quick, easy and FREE.

2. Go mobile
    Did you know you can download an app for your smartphone to access our forum on the go? Search for 'Tapatalk' on the App Store. Tapatalk is available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry.

Download the mobile forum app

Cher - new album and general stuff

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Eros, 27 Jun 2012.

1. Eros New Member

Message Count:
    OMG - Cher has confirmed via Twitter she's been working on a musical about her own life. Apparently the show will be based around 3 Chers at different ages and they interact with each other.

H.T. likes this.
  2. H.T. Member

Message Count:
    Fantastic!
  3. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Right, some more concrete news about that elusive Cher album, the lady herself tweeted:

H.T. likes this.
  4. H.T. Member

Message Count:
    Fantastic!!
  5. James New Member

Message Count:
    I need her new album PRONTO. I've heard the demo of the Gaga duet that was on YouTube and it's catchy enough but it needs some serious beefing up if it's going to be a hit. Does anyone know who she's been working with other than Gaga?
  6. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Let's listen to that demo, shall we? There's way too much auto tune on that track, but I guess it would sound like a Cher song... Good move to do it with Gaga though, tap into her fans, rather than alienate them (Madonna).

Not sure who else she's working with. Presume she might record some more tracks with RedOne, and I'm sure there will be a track by Dianne Warren; back in January Cher did joke about asking Dianne to write her a track called 'R.I.P.' after some false rumours on Twitter she had died.

She did also tweet about her upcoming world tour, which is being delayed due to foot surgery.
  7. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Oh - this might be interesting; Cher did record a cover of the Merle Haggard country track 'Silver Wings' with her god daughter Jesse Jo Stark. She tweeted about this back in October, but she finally released it. I guess around that time there were rumours Cher was recording a country album, but thankfully she's changed her mind and is now recording a 'hardcore dance album' for a release around Christmas...

James likes this.
  8. James New Member

Message Count:
    I have to admit, I'll lap up anything Cher puts out. I just love her voice and I think it's great how she properly interacts with her fans on twitter. Another dance album would make my year but if she's got some country stuff on the go, I'll take that too. I've got some of her albums on my ipod but I'm in the process of downloading her complete discography -- this thread has put me in the mood.
  9. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    All 25 albums?
  10. andymc35 New Member

Message Count:
    I think this is my most anticipated album of the year. I love that she's sticking with dance music - there's just something endearing about older female singers releasing contemporary dance music - Cher is 66 and this year we've already had the likes of Amanda Lear releasing a dance album in her mid-late 70s. The old girls have still got it!
  11. Eros New Member

Message Count:
    Oh, Cher has been rambling on Twitter and this time she let slip she's working not only with Timbaland, but working with Pink's producer as well. Not sure who Pink's producer would be, Greg Kurstin, Dr Luke, Linda Perry? Linda or Greg would be cool.

12. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Cher's not very good at keeping secrets. When asked by a fan if she's recording a song with Christina Aguilera the following conversation unfolded: