Change
  1. Hello gorgeous!
    Thanks for looking around the WAPS forum. Why not sign up and make your voice heard. Registering is quick, easy and FREE.

2. Go mobile
    Did you know you can download an app for your smartphone to access our forum on the go? Search for 'Tapatalk' on the App Store. Tapatalk is available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry.

Download the mobile forum app

Lady Gaga - Born This Way Ball (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by silvan, 24 Apr 2012.

1. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    4 more days until Gaga's Born This Way Ball will kick off (27th April) in Seoul, South Korea.

580528_10150830877654574_10376464573_9231044_1218172726_n.jpg

And here are four outfit sketches created by Giorgio Armani for the tour.

575704_10150672106672765_18415592764_9579947_1353555817_n.jpg
  2. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Only a few more days till kick off... ArPaB4LCQAAKkm6.jpg

3. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Apparently a tour rehearsal of Government Hooker.
  4. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Set list for Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball - she seems to be doing most of Born This Way, only 7 songs from her first two albums.

ACT I
    Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)
    Government Hooker
    Born This Way
    Bloody Mary
    Bad Romance

ACT II
    Fashion of His Love/The Queen
    Just Dance
    Love Game
    Telephone
    Judas
    Heavy Metal Lover
    Bad Kids

ACT III
    Hair (Acoustic)
    Yoü and I
    Black Jesus † Amen Fashion
    Electric Chapel
    Americano
    Poker Face
    Alejandro
    Paparazzi

ACT IV
    Scheiße
    The Edge of Glory (acoustic)
    The Edge of Glory
    Marry the Night

5. Tribal Spaceman Mod

Message Count:
    Hair - acoustic only? Boo.
    H.T. likes this.
  6. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
  7. Geraint Administrator

Message Count:
    I think the show looks amazing, but unfortunately i'm not keen on the Born This Way album. And she plays the entire bloody thing.
  8. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    guess she must be bored of performing her old stuff after her non-stop touring of the Monster Ball. I wish she'd thrown in an unusual cover or something new.
  9. the smu New Member

Message Count:
    I'm really happy it's an album tour. It's unlikely she'll be able to do this three or four albums from now so I'm happy she can be this indulgent now, especially since I adore the album.
  10. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    You say that, but when you look at Madonna, she always really pushes her latest album on each tour, rather than sticking with her biggest hits. I wonder if it's a commercial decision (sell more records), or if it's something the artist feels like doing (or just gets bored singing the same old songs).

I like it she's doing Electric Chapel - it's one of my favourites on the album.
  11. the smu New Member

Message Count:
    Probably a bit all three. She's definitely bored of some of the older songs and I think it's pretty obvious that she plays them because she knows she has to! At this stage I'm fine with that though - you don't need a greatest hits tour this early into a career..
  12. Geraint Administrator

Message Count:
    Well, despite my previous post, I think when the Twickenham dates approach I might have a quick scan of ebay and try for some last minute cheapo tickets. The show itself looks great.
    H.T. likes this.
  13. Geraint Administrator

Message Count:
    And i really want to see that weird hologram thing in your avatar, the smu!
  14. kinkykylie New Member

Message Count:
    I think its defo a commercial decision to push the album on tours.. sales of albums are not where they make most of the money now so touring the album pushes for extra sales.. Madonna never used to tour with every Album release, but seems to now..

Gaga has put on an amazing show with this tour.. The stage set is fantastic!
    Its easy to forget she has only had 2 albums out.
    I hope and pray that when she releases a greatest hits she tours with that.. That would be AMAZING!!
  15. Geraint Administrator

Message Count:
    Gaga seems very determined with her 'vision', i think a hits tour is some way off yet!
  16. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Who knows what Gaga's next album will be like, I wouldn't be too surprised if she pops out a (jazzy) piano-led album at some point (even if it's a soundtrack). It seems her heart is really into those kind of songs (Speechless, You and I and Brown Eyes), but I doubt her label will let her do that (or whether her 'little monsters' would want that) after her Born This Way album.

I don't mind her piano-led ballads, they are beautiful, but they're not going to top the charts I think....
    kinkykylie likes this.
  17. kinkykylie New Member

Message Count:
    I love it when its just her and her piano.. She has got an amazing voice, but you are right, she it too known commercially now for her pop stuff and if she changed course too dramatically it may not go down too well..
  18. Geraint Administrator

Message Count:
    Not about the tour, but has anyone seen her Simpsons episode yet? I thought it was pretty good, actually - don't want to spoiler it for UK fans but it was all over YouTube earlier today :) (and yes I did watch it at work in my lunch hour - naughty....)
    Last edited by Geraint, 21 May 2012
  19. H.T. Member

Message Count:
    No haven't seen it. But did see a weird demonstration against her in Manila, for using religious imagery and being generally too saucy. One poster said "We don't want you to BURN this way" - charming f'ers
  20. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Gaga got hit on the head with a pole by one of her dancers during her New Zealand show. Apparently she suffered a concussion after being hit, but still continued her set of 16 (!) songs.

Her make-up artist later tweeted:

"Gaga has a concussion but she is going to be okay.She wants u to know she loves u. I'm taking care of her.cant believe she finished the show"