Change
  1. Hello gorgeous!
    Thanks for looking around the WAPS forum. Why not sign up and make your voice heard. Registering is quick, easy and FREE.

2. Go mobile
    Did you know you can download an app for your smartphone to access our forum on the go? Search for 'Tapatalk' on the App Store. Tapatalk is available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry.

Download the mobile forum app

Loreen - Heal + Euphoria (Eurovision winner)

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by silvan, 29 May 2012.

1. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    283578_10151180039094840_146745195_n-e1349288993306.jpeg

Okay, I didn't watch the Eurovision this year (too many novelty acts, it reminds me of Britain's Got Tallent), but I LOVE the winning track Euphoria by Sweden's entrant Loreen. Now, am I right in thinking there's actually no video for this track? If they release a decent budget video over the next week or so, I can totally see this being the summer tune of 2012. Well done Sweden for bringing back some cred to Eurovision!

Last edited by silvan, 3 Oct 2012
  2. Geraint Administrator

Message Count:
    This is a great song, and she performed it brilliantly (and dramatically). Her vocal elevates it above similar contemporary pop songs.
  3. Geraint Administrator

Message Count:
    Obviously she's no Engelbert Humperdzzzzzz...sorry I fell asleep before I could finish his ludicrous name.
  4. H.T. Member

Message Count:
    Agree - its fab and she's a real popstar
  5. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    If you like it harder and louder, check out the 7th Heaven Club Mix of 'Euphoria'.

And here are some behind the scenes stills from the forthcoming music video. Although I do wonder if they left it too late by not releasing a proper music video straight away...

556208_488913954469084_1000452841_n.jpg f9822b38b5a011e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg

b311c1feb60411e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg 43d9578cb61f11e1a9f71231382044a1_7.jpg
  6. DawsonsWeek New Member

Message Count:
    I still love this song, I agree with yo about the lateness of the music video though. I don't think it's going to do much to raise the chart placing again...

Love that remix you've posted!
  7. James New Member

Message Count:
    I think this a fantastic song. It's definitely in my top 3 Eurovision winners ever (Sertab and Helena Paparizou being the other two). It's a pity Radio One didn't get behind it, what with it being a Eurovision track. That station needs to get its head out of its arse and stop being so elitist. A good song is a good song.
  8. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Loreen performed an orchestral cover of Simon & Garfunkel’s 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' at the Polar Music Prize ceremony in Stockholm as a tribute to one of the two recipients of the award, Paul Simon.

9. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Loreen's second international single will be My Heart Is Refusing Me; listen to a live version she performed in Finland recently.

10. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Looks like Loreen's album Heel will be a high energy affair, perfect for running.

Album tracklisting:
    1 In My Head
    2 My Heart Is Refusing Me
    3 Everytime
    4 Euphoria
    5 Crying Out Your Name
    6 Do We Even Matter
    7 Sidewalk
    8 Sober
    9 If She’s The One
    10 Breaking Robot
    11 See You Again
    12 Heal (feat. Blanks)

11. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Billy3010 and LEWIS like this.
  12. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    'My Heart Is Refusing Me' is the second international single by Loreen, however the new single in Sweden and Norway will be 'Crying Out Your Name'.

The track's available exclusively on Spotify (but you have to access it in Norway or Sweden), but someone has uploaded the track to YouTube. Listen to the track below (before it's taken down).

Billy3010 likes this.
  13. Billy3010 New Member

Message Count:
    Loving My Heart Is Refusing Me (2012) - the original is beautiful song anyway, but the remix (and new vocals) give it a fresh, new feel.

Crying Out Your Name is a grower and I think it's nice to hear Loreen in a slightly different genre/tempo.

Cant wait for the album - it's going to be stunning (judging on the 4 singles) - roll in October 24th x
  14. Billy3010 New Member

Message Count:
    Good to see that Amazon UK have the album Heal (MP3) listed - was under the impression that the album might be a Sweden/Norway release only for now. Seems My Heart Is Refusing me will be a two track release (two remixes), available tomorrow from Amazon also - I wonder if they will show up on iTunes too??
  15. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    My Heart Is Refusing me should get a release on iTunes as well from tomorrow (8th October).
  16. Billy3010 New Member

Message Count:
    Correct Silvan - it appeared on ITunes and disappeared on Amazon lol

I believe the album got accidentally released by a French MP3 site and it's all over the internet - I'm Warners aren't too happy about that. BTW disliking the new version of Sober, think it's now soulless and generic
  17. LEWIS New Member

Message Count:
    Can't stand the new version of Sober! loving Sidewalk and In My Head... but in my opinion the albums missing something :/
  18. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    The album's really growing on me. It's not really 'Robyn' (but who IS?), but more Leona Lewis IF she embraced electronic music.