Change
  1. Hello gorgeous!
    Thanks for looking around the WAPS forum. Why not sign up and make your voice heard. Registering is quick, easy and FREE.

2. Go mobile
    Did you know you can download an app for your smartphone to access our forum on the go? Search for 'Tapatalk' on the App Store. Tapatalk is available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry.

Download the mobile forum app

Rita Ora - debut album + singles

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by silvan, 25 May 2012.

1. silvan Administrator

Message Count:

She was clearly launched as the British equivalent of Rihanna with a look to match. Some people have been saying she's Jay Z's back up plan (both are signed to his Roc Nation label), in case Rihanna does a 'Britney'.

I personally like UK releases, Hot Right Now and R.I.P. as they bring something new to the table. Her US release 'How We Do (Party)' other the other hand sounds really generic, something Kesha or Katy Perry do much better.
    Last edited by silvan, 4 Jul 2012
  2. Eros New Member

Message Count:
    I thought it was Alexandra Burke on Hot Right Now when I first heard it.
  3. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Behind the scenes of filming a guest judging slot on the X Factor, Rita Ora answered some questions posed to her via Twitter. She announced her debut album might be called 'O.R.A.' (or Aura?) and finds it a compliment to be compared to Rihanna...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150835979683302
  4. Eros New Member

Message Count:

So the American single 'How We Do (Party)' will be her second single here in the UK. Not that keen on the song cos it's so generic. Wonder how it will do on the charts.
  5. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Rita just tweeted the artwork for her new album:

ora.jpg

'Ora' is out 27th August.
    H.T. likes this.
  6. Tribal Spaceman Mod

Message Count:
    That's pretty cool.
  7. Adam73 New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah, I loved R.I.P. but this is a bit bland...defo not strong enough to match the success of R.I.P. She's a beautiful girl, good strong album cover.
  8. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    I don't want to turn into one of those 'That's very Lady Gaga' persons, but the cover did remind me a little of the Born This Way cover (the deluxe version where it's just the close up of her face), albeit this one's a lot better as she's not attached to a f-ing motorbike.
    LEWIS likes this.
  9. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    547663_446936255337647_1936117088_n.jpg

And here's the deluxe version. Nice touch to use gold tying in with the album's name/her last name.
  10. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    ora-tracklisting.jpeg

'How We Do (Party)' has really started to grow on me... It's very Katy Perry.

Let's hope her debut album rocks. The album features collaborations with will.i.am, J. Cole and Tinie Tempah. Below the tracklisting for her upcoming album Ora, out on 27th August.

ORA Tracklist
    1. Facemelt (intro)
    2. Roc the Life
    3. How We Do (Party)
    4. R.I.P. feat. Tinie Tempah
    5. Radioactive
    6. Shine Ya Light
    7. Love & War feat. J. Cole
    8. Uneasy
    9. Fall in Love feat. will.i.am
    10. Been Lyin’
    11. Hello, Hi, Goodbye
    12. Hot Right Now (DJ Fresh feat. Rita Ora)
    13. Crazy Girl
    14. Young, Single, & Sexy
    15. Meet Ya (acoustic)
    Last edited by silvan, 29 Jul 2012
  11. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Not featured on her debut album Ora, but 'Better Than You' is a track Rita recorded with Conor Maynard (a.k.a. the British answer to Justin Bieber).

12. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    Even though she's a bit too close to Rihanna for my liking, I am really looking forward to Rita debut album Ora. Her new single 'How We Do (Party)' has managed to stuck itself in my head and the rest of the album sounds quite promising judging by this album sampler.

13. Lee New Member

Message Count:
    I wish there were more songs like Hot Right Now on there tbh.. She suits that so well
  14. Kimmie Guest

Message Count:
    i like her new single How We Party, even though it's a little generic/Kesha/Katy Perry. But preordered the album, can't wait to hear it in full.
  15. Lee New Member

Message Count:
    It's out!!

I saw her last night at G-A-Y, SO good…! Shame they only do 4 or 5 songs when they are there though :(
Tags: Rita Ora