Change
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello gorgeous!
    Thanks for looking around the WAPS forum. Why not sign up and make your voice heard. Registering is quick, easy and FREE.

3. Go mobile
    Did you know you can download an app for your smartphone to access our forum on the go? Search for 'Tapatalk' on the App Store. Tapatalk is available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry.

Download the mobile forum app

Samantha Fox - Remasters & Tenth studio album

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by andymc35, 19 Aug 2012 at 9:03 PM.

1. andymc35 New Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]

Samantha Fox has recently had four of her best albums remastered by Cherry Pop, which I'm really looking forward to buying. There are some bonus Full Force and SAW tracks included on CD for the first time ever, so it will be cool to own them.

She also appeared on BBC Breakfast on Saturday to talk about them and announced she's working on her latest 80s sounding album with Full Force and Steve Strange. Exciting!

Any other S.s.samantha fans?
    H.T. likes this.
  2. Eros New Member

Message Count:
    hmmm i'm not sure about Samantha. Don't mind her songs, but she feels more like a personality (or back in the day a hot girl with big baps), rather than a singer. Be interesting to see what she'll come back with, but Kim Wilde didn't quite get it right with Snapshots...
    andymc35 likes this.
  3. H.T. Junior Member

Message Count:
    I love Sam. Surprised she got 4 decent albums though. She was deep deep down in booze a few years ago and did a couple of reality shows looking a wreck. She got it together and started working in Italy where she was always popular. Had no.1 with Sabrina, Call Me cover, last year. I wish her all the fucking best in the world.xx
    andymc35 likes this.
  4. andymc35 New Member

Message Count:
    Well it was on one of the awful 100 Most Embarrassing Celeb Moments type of shows I'd first seen her - the first was something called The Club where she was dressed as a vampire, completely trashed and arguing with someone. The second was clips of the hilarious Brits awards with Mick Fleetwood - needless to say I pretty much fell in love with her after seeing these clips, a bit of a trash icon.

Nice to see that she's got her act together now, her partner seems like a good influence on her. Plus, I loved Call Me with Sabrina as well. I was not a fan of her latest album, Angel With An Attitude, but prior to this all her stuff is worth a listen imo.

I agree with you about Kim Wilde though, Eros, although I did like Come Out & Play and her cover of East 17's It's Alright on Snapshots.
    H.T. likes this.
  5. H.T. Junior Member

Message Count:
    Sam also did I'm a celebrity with cracked and rotting teeth. But she was over the sex symbol thing and was clear she just needed money to smarten up. I can't really compare her to Kim Wilde. Kim was stunning in her initial faux new wave character but she just didn't have "it". Albums were a jumble. She was too Mumsy (she did a gardening show for fucks sake) and seemed not to want to be a star. She's never had control over her career and those who have had (Father mostly) have kind of fucked it up - though I guess she can't complain with all her hits including US no.1. Plus I really warmed to her when she was supporting Michael Jackson and had a bottle of wine before going on every evening (who does that?!) - he wouldn't talk to her or look at her and she called him a fucking arsehole. Quality!
    andymc35 likes this.
  6. andymc35 New Member

Message Count:
    Kim's albums felt pretty inaccessible to me when I last tried to listen to some of them - some decent tracks, but I just didn't really "get" her - I've enjoyed her more original recent material, so I will need to revisit her past albums again and give them another go. Love the MJ situation, I just have the image of poor soft voiced Michael being terrified by the heavy drinking, foul-mouthed Kim Wilde.
    H.T. likes this.