Change
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello gorgeous!
    Thanks for looking around the WAPS forum. Why not sign up and make your voice heard. Registering is quick, easy and FREE.

3. Go mobile
    Did you know you can download an app for your smartphone to access our forum on the go? Search for 'Tapatalk' on the App Store. Tapatalk is available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry.

Download the mobile forum app

The X-Factor

Discussion in 'TV & Movies' started by andymc35, 19 Aug 2012.

1. andymc35 New Member

Message Count:
    So the show returned to its lowest ratings in years last night, deservedly so I think.

The Pink tribute act audition was painful to watch and in fact has really put me off the show. She had allegedly been told by producers to sing Pink, leading to the whole "find your identity" situation - she was not the best singer, but it is cruel that producers are just setting people up to fail like that. These people are tricked through stages of producers bigging them up, leading them to the eventual break down in front of a jeering audience. It's not nice.

Obviously, people should be aware of what they are venturing into, but it's still unpleasant watching seemingly nice people having their confidence shattered.

Do you think its time the show was axed?
  2. Eros New Member

Message Count:
    I watched the first 10 minutes, but it was just too shit to watch. Or maybe it's always been this bad, and it's just me being bored of the whole formula. Dannii Minogue was right not to return.

3. H.T. Member

Message Count:
    I didn't see the UK one this week. In the promo pics Tulisa looks rough as anything. I just want to give her a good wash. My question is in the US promo pics there's Britney on the left impersonating Claire Richards from steps and then there's another woman - who is it???!!!!
  4. Alexjr New Member

Message Count:
    The X Factor has worked very well with a successful formulae for nine years; so most people should know by now what to expect, particularly if they decided to take part. I don’t think it should be changed and as for axing it because of falling ratings, that’s a big no no. Even with lower ratings it is still the biggest show on ITV. All it really need is for Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole to return. That would send the ratings shooting up again without a doubt.
  5. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    oh, i think it's too late for that. After 9 years, it's just a tired format. Just look at Big Brother. The fact it's on Channel 5 now doesn't do it any good, but people just got bored of it.

What I am annoyed about though, is that they drag out the show over the entire weekend. Would be much better if it's on one night.
  6. Tribal Spaceman Mod

Message Count:
    I only really like a few acts, fingers crossed the other surprise me.
  7. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    I really like Ella Henderson (that Cher cover was amazing) and Jake Quickenden (very easy on the eye). Some of the other acts are just quite weak. Let's hope they're not putting through lots of boybands, trying to create another One Direction.
  8. Brandon Osborne New Member

Message Count:
    I like Lucy Spraggan. She released an album a while ago which got taken off of iTunes due to her X-Factor success. I think that it's still on Amazon and the video and studio version of Last Night (Beer Fear) are on YouTube:
  9. Brandon Osborne New Member

Message Count:
    [IMG] This was the album :L
  10. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    I thought she was quite bad last week. It's hard to say who will be this year's favourites, it's all quite so so...
  11. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    After seeing Ella's performance last night, they might as well call of the contest and give her the title. She's so going to win this year.