Change
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello gorgeous!
    Thanks for looking around the WAPS forum. Why not sign up and make your voice heard. Registering is quick, easy and FREE.

3. Go mobile
    Did you know you can download an app for your smartphone to access our forum on the go? Search for 'Tapatalk' on the App Store. Tapatalk is available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry.

Download the mobile forum app

Tulisa tops UK singles chart

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by kinkykylie, 6 May 2012.

1. kinkykylie New Member

Message Count:
    Tulisa has topped the Official UK Singles Chart, scoring her first No 1 with Young, the fastest selling debut single of the year so far.
    The former N-Dubz star ended Carley Rae Jepsen's four-week reign, knocking the Canadian singer into second place.
    Holding fast at No 3 are fun. with We Are Young, while Cover Drive went straight to No 4, claiming another top five hit with Sparks. Alex Clare 's Too Close climbed one place to complete the top five.
    Over in the Official UK Album Chart, Marina & The Diamonds also managed a first, claiming the No 1 spot with her second album Electra Heart.
    Lana Del Rey's LP Born To Die continues to sell and climbed one place to No 2, while last week's chart-topper Jack White fell two places to third place with Blunderbuss.
    Norah Jones' Little Broken Hearts debuted at No 4 and Adele's 21, which has now spent 67 weeks in the chart, dropped one place to No 5.
    The Official UK Top 10 Singles...
    1 (-) Tulisa - Young
    2 (1) Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
    3 (3) fun. - We Are Young (ft. Janelle Monae)
    4 (-) Cover Drive - Sparks
    5 (6) Alex Clare - Too Close
    6 (2) Calvin Harris - Let's Go (ft. Ne-Yo)
    7 (10) Train - Drive By
    8 (5) Jessie J - Laserlight (ft. David Guetta)
    9 (9) Nicki Minaj - Starships
    10 (7) Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (ft. Kimbra)

Any views???
  2. H.T. Junior Member

Message Count:
    Young is a song (of sorts) by numbers. Very boring and she's lucky to get away with it as first track. She's definitely got alot of fans and has got a great rough edge. She scrubs up well (sexiest woman alive per FHM!!!!! I'd have put Mary Byrne above her) but I like the way she often looks quite dirty - next to Kelly Rowland she looked like a homeless woman. Despite my bitching, I like her but not keen on song. Love Call me Maybe (wince), Calvin harris and Nicki Minja so 3 out of 10 ain't bad.
    Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  3. Tribal Spaceman Mod

Message Count:
    I'm scratching my head that she's managed to get to #1 without me having heard the song at all. Oh well.
    She's a bit too bland for me anyway.
  4. silvan Administrator

Message Count:
    I possibly could get into Tulisa, she's been quite a good judge (loved her performance with Little Mix), but her solo debut single is just too generic to my taste. I hope her album has some unexpected surprises.
    Last edited by silvan, 7 May 2012
  5. kinkykylie New Member

Message Count:
    I think this again is a true reflection on what is going on in the charts these days.. Media sells.. Sex tapes sell and its been proven with Cheryl Cole that if your an xfactor judge and you have Simon on side you will do well with your releases.. That s.if, my 13 year old niece said all her friends love Tulisa's track and they are the ones buying the singles these days.. I just quick to albums now..
    Well until the real pop comes back to the charts..
  6. Vinicius New Member

Message Count:
    guess she won't be lucky enough when she releases a second single or her album
  7. mgi86 New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah her debut solo single does seem abit safe not that different , i expected it if that makes sense and not my cuppa tea really
  8. Tribal Spaceman Mod

Message Count:
    She needs to do something with a bit more "bite".
Tags: No tags (Edit Tags)