We Are Pop Slags » Music

Alexandra Burke album rumours

(6 posts)
  1. Silvan
    Login to Send PM
    Master of the Universe

Well, for starters Alexandra's debut has been pushed back to the end of 2009, but here's an interesting article about 3 songs for Toni Braxton's comeback being given to Alexandra...

The 20-year-old singer, who is constantly being compared to Toni, has upset Braxton's comeback plans after producers working on her new album "Pulse" jumped ship to work with the X Factor winner.

Full article here: http://entertainment.stv.tv/home/72107-alex-in-diva-war-with-us-megastar/

Posted 4 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  2. Silvan
    Login to Send PM
    Master of the Universe

MTV UK reports X-Factor winner Alexandra Burke is working with uber-producers Akon and Pharell Williams; fresh from signing a $3 million US deal with Epic last month.

Akon, super producer and international rapper has signed up to help produce Alexandra Burke’s debut album.

Only yesterday it was reported that Miss Burke would also be working alongside none other than N*E*R*D and The Neptunes front man Pharrell Williams.

Akon has already worked with Leona Lewis and told tabloid newspaper The Daily Star: "I've had calls to work with Alex and I'm going to do it. I love the X Factor and I love helping to break new artists."

The newspaper claims that Alexandra is over the moon about working with Skateboard P "She can't believe her luck. She's a massive fan and thinks Pharrell will help her distance herself from Leona (Lewis) comparisons.”

With Pharrell onboard as well, the record label are basically making sure that Burke’s debut album is an international hit.

I'm getting quite excited about Alexandra Burke's debut. Sounds like it might actually be really good (nice move if she is stealing Toni Braxton's songs).

Posted 4 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  3. Silvan
    Login to Send PM
    Master of the Universe

Just heard Alexandra Burke is working with top producer RedOne (the one behind Lady Gaga, Enrique Iglesias, Kat Deluna), so expect some upbeat songs. Apart form RedOne, she's also rumoured to work with Timbaland, P. Diddy, Akon and Pharrell and Stargate.

Bring it on!

Posted 3 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  4. PrincessPop
    Login to Send PM

OK Magazine reports X-Factor winner Alexandra Burke has been getting advice and vocal coaching from her idol Beyonce. Apparently the two might even record a duet.

A source said: "Beyonce is sure Alexandra has what it takes to be as big as Leona and she's planning to help her crack the US." {source}

I believe in the power of pop
    Posted 3 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  5. anonymous
    Login to Send PM

Amazing - sounds like Alexandra Burke has recorded a great tune with Stargate.

Writing on her Twitter page, Burke suggested that a track with Stargate, who have previously worked with Rihanna and Leona Lewis, could be her next single.

"Oh my oh my! This song is the ONE!! Stargate man... U Guys are just amazing!" she wrote.

The 20-year-old fuelled speculation that she would be pairing up for a duet with Beyoncé after confirming that they had met up.

"Oh my GOD I just met Beyoncé again!! And this time I didn't cry!! She listened to my songs!! My heart is racing," she added.{source}

Posted 2 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  6. Silvan
    Login to Send PM
    Master of the Universe

Get the Video Plugins

Finally some music from Alexandra Burke! ‘Overcome’ has just leaked. It’s similar in style to Jordin Sparks’ ‘Battlefield’, so we’re going to take a wild guess and say that Ryan Tedder may have been involved.

No word yet if this is intended to be a single, or even an album track, but here it is anyway. WAPS opinion: we’re erring on the side of ‘meh’.

Posted 4 days ago #

Bookmark and Share

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.