We Are Pop Slags » Music

Alexandra Burke ft Flo Rida 'Bad Boys' - Debut single!

(12 posts)
  1. Geraint
    Login to Send PM

This JUST premiered on Radio 1! After all the awful forced chat of Moyles and 'comedy' Dave it was such a relief to finally hear the damn song....poor Alex, she really sounded like she was forcing herself to laugh along with Moyles and co. Hate them. ANYWAY.

The song - really strong chorus, not blown away by the verses, don't like Flo Rida's bit much but he doesn't ruin it and I guess he's intended to open up the American market a bit? Who knows. I think he's gonna be like Sisquo or Ja Rule - EVERYWHERE for two years and then vanishes into thin air and we all get embarrassed and wonder how that happened.

I'll put Bad Boys on the front page as soon as it's on youtube which won't be long now. I reckon it's a definite UK number one though I'd say it's been slightly overhyped in certain places.

Anyone else hear it??
    Posted 5 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  2. Silvan
    Login to Send PM
    Master of the Universe

Here we go, the new Alexandra Burke song Bad Boys. It gets taken down, so do a little search on YouTube, if the video below doesn't work.

I like the chorus :)

Posted 5 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  3. coopse
    Login to Send PM

I dont think this is a brilliant first single, however, the more you listen to it the more it grows on you and the chorus is really catchy (which normally makes for a huge hit). I am glad they have gone uptempo to start with, and they are obviously trying to keep away from any similiar style to Leona. This is very much being aimed at the US market, its very safe and very catchy, a little bit like pop by numbers I would say almost guaranteed to be number one - and initial reaction seems to be love it or hate it

Posted 4 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  4. Silvan
    Login to Send PM
    Master of the Universe

I like the song, but it's just a bit relentless. It comes one and it never quite calms down, just a tiny bit. Perhaps I'm getting old and need my little slower bits to catch my breath...

Posted 4 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  5. DannyS92
    Login to Send PM

Good song, but the verses are a bit weak.

Posted 4 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  6. tammy_xx
    Login to Send PM

cool song , didnt blow me away tho .xx

Posted 4 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  7. Silvan
    Login to Send PM
    Master of the Universe

It's the video for Bad Boys by Alexandra Burke. What do we all make of her 'super powers'? It's a bit surreal, but it's quite a slick debut video.

Posted 4 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  8. Geraint
    Login to Send PM

Those red-lace stilletos look a bit like roller skates. I like Alex, she's a believable pop star. I do find her speaking voice a bit annoying though.

Posted 4 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  9. Geraint
    Login to Send PM

Album previews for Alexandra Burke's 'Overcome' are up on Amazon now. Here’s the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001NIIUS2?ie=UTF8&tag=sugababesuk-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B001NIIUS2

What do you think?

Posted 3 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  10. ilovepixielott
    Login to Send PM

very good song kepp the good work up alex!

Posted 3 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  11. Silvan
    Login to Send PM
    Master of the Universe

Check out Alexandra Burke performing 'Bad Boys' live on the X Factor (episode 12)

Posted 3 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  12. PrincessPop
    Login to Send PM

her album is quite good. Someone described it as a tranny anthem album, that's not far off. Dumb is very good and Nothing But The Girl.

I believe in the power of pop
    Posted 3 months ago #

Bookmark and Share

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.