We Are Pop Slags » Music

Toni Braxton: 2009 comeback

(12 posts)
  1. Silvan
    Login to Send PM
    Master of the Universe

Toni Braxton is set to release a new album Spring/early Summer 2009. First single 'Get Loose' and album track 'Melt (Like An Iceberg)' leaked a couple of months ago.

Get Loose

Melt (Like An Iceberg)

In times of over-use of autotune, Toni stands out with her unique vocal style. Do you think she'll be able to make a proper comeback this year?

Posted 1 year ago #

Bookmark and Share
  2. anonymous
    Login to Send PM

I think most sensible people give even less of a fuck than Toni's own family. It's never gonna happen, honey!

Posted 1 year ago #

Bookmark and Share
  3. anonymous
    Login to Send PM

The UK is a funny market when it comes to R&B. She's been massive in the US and Europe. Maybe not so big after 'The Heat', but I'm sure with a hot video and some good tracks (like Melt or Get Loose), she'll be able to get back in the top 20.

Posted 1 year ago #

Bookmark and Share
  4. anonymous
    Login to Send PM

Alexandra Burke has become involved in a diva war with US megastar Toni Braxton.

The 20-year-old singer, who is constantly being compared to Toni, has upset Braxton's comeback plans after producers working on her new album "Pulse" jumped ship to work with the X Factor winner.

An insider told the Star: "After taking a few years off Toni is planning a big comeback this year and wanted to get back to the top of the charts.

"She almost had her album finished but she's lost three of her favourite tracks after they were offered to Alexandra instead.

"Toni thought she had them in the bag so she's not happy they've now been given to someone she's never even really heard of."

Braxton, who has sold 40 million records and won six Grammys, was said to be annoyed that her comeback album will now be delayed.

However, Alex is also unhappy as her debut album will also be rescheduled.

It was revealed recently that her album will now be released in the autumn after record executives scuppered plans for a quick launch.

Syco, the record label owned by Simon Cowell, made the decision to allow sufficient time for the X Factor winner to build credibility, as they hope to replicate the same formula they used to achieve global success with Leona Lewis.

A source told the Sun: "Syco were planning a quick release -- possibly as early as March in time for Mothers' Day. But they have reconsidered and will now go for the autumn -- probably November.

"They want to wait to find the right songs and let her polish her skills, like they did with Leona. She can then launch it on a live X Factor show."

http://entertainment.stv.tv/home/72107-alex-in-diva-war-with-us-megastar/

Posted 12 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  5. Silvan
    Login to Send PM
    Master of the Universe

A new Toni Braxton leaked today, Heart Never Had A Hero. It's a big belting song, which really suits her voice.

Posted 10 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  6. Silvan
    Login to Send PM
    Master of the Universe

Singer/songwriter Jesse McCartney (man behind Leona Lewis' Bleeding Love), revealed he has written a song for Toni Braxton's new album.

“I did a record for Toni Braxton called ‘My Ring’s Too Heavy' ... Three weeks later, Beyoncé came out with a record called ‘Single Ladies’ and it sort of has a hand and a ring theme behind it.”

“No offense to Beyoncé, I think Toni’s is a little bit better in my opinion, but we’ll have to see what the charts do.”

Watch the full interview on Rap-up.com below.

Posted 10 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  7. anonymous
    Login to Send PM

Check out My Chemical Toilet, where they compare Christina Milian's effort against Toni Braxton's 'Get Loose', as both of them will attempt at making a comeback this spring/summer.

http://mychemicaltoilet.com/its-toni-braxton-vs-christina-milian-in-an-rb-comeback-smackdown-wail-off/1790

Posted 10 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  8. anonymous
    Login to Send PM

Here's another unreleased Toni Braxton track: Not a Chance. It's a good track, albeit a little schizo; it starts off as a ballad, then moves towards a mid-tempo song, and finishes as a dance tune. A little odd, but it kinda works.

Posted 9 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  9. anonymous
    Login to Send PM

i think Toni is going to be big this year.

Posted 8 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  10. anonymous
    Login to Send PM

Pulse, the title track of the album, just leaked. It was produced by the Underdogs.

Posted 8 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  11. anonymous
    Login to Send PM

I can not wait for the new Toni album to drop, the leaked tracks are awesome.
    I think Toni will be big this summer, considering her last album was a top 5 hit without a major label backing and no official / physical single released this new album with a major label behind it and an official single to lead it off will bring Toni back to the top.

Posted 8 months ago #

Bookmark and Share
  12. Silvan
    Login to Send PM
    Master of the Universe

Oh yes, it looks like it's finally going to happen. Toni confirms in an interview her new single will be out in September, with an album to follow in November. The album will sound young, i guess that means pop and dance influences. Not a bad move Toni!

Read the full interview here.

Posted 7 months ago #

Bookmark and Share

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.